Monday, November 12, 2012

Snowballs and Diamonds



Imagine if Math was taught as Poetry! For this session our facilitator led us through the process of understanding different forms of poetry incorporating our knowledge of Math. We discussed the various forms and rules of poetry writing and the uses of following these rules.  After looking at various examples of diamante and snowball poem we thought of math concepts which can be employed to create form in poetry. 

Here is a shape poem by one of our classmate 


Poem- Snowball


I
Am
The
Item
Which
Starts
So small
Gets so big
White, cold
Dangerous too
Guess who I am?
… A big snow ball!!
~ By Ira
*****
 

7 comments:

  1. Dear Ira
    I really enjoyed reading your poem itso awsome.
    What are you doing for christmas?
    MERRY CHRISTMAS
    From La Toyah....
    Please comment me on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ira,
    I really like your poem it rhymes and the setting of it looks really nice.
    From Britten.
    Check out my blog
    http://brittenawapuni.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ira
    I really enjoyed your snowball story.
    MERRY XMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR
    What are you doing for Christmas?
    Do you like Christmas?
    By Jade
    Please comment on my blog... http://jadeawapuni.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ira,
    We really liked your snowball poem, and the fact that you shaped it as a tree. The only thing that you could make better is if you added colour to your tree in the right colours.

    From Jacob and Nicholas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    Eve and Amelia, really love your snowball poem! We liked how you set your poem out as a Christmas tree Ira. Why don't you post a comment on our blog, so that even more people can view it!
    Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

    From Eve and Amelia!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would awsome if math was tought though poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello I am Olivia and I loved your poem.

    ReplyDelete